1. Give your lover a dozen roses — and do it with a creative twist. Give eleven red roses and one white rose. Attach a note that reads: “In every bunch there’s one who stands out — and you are that one.”
2. Fake a power outage at home. (Loosen the fuses or throw the breaker switches.) With no TV to tempt you . . . with no computer to occupy you . . . with no furnace to heat you . . . you pretty much have no choice but to get out the candles, huddle around the fireplace and be romantic!
3. Get your partner a wristwatch. Inscribe it with: “I always have time for you.”
4. Attach a $100 bill to a Victoria’s Secret catalog, along with a note to him saying, “You choose.”
5. Identify that one pivotal event that brought the two of you together. Celebrate that event every year.
6. Practice even-day/odd-day romance: On even days it’s your turn to be romantic, and on odd days it’s your partner’s turn.
7. Following a bubble bath you’ve prepared for her, wrap her in a towel that you’ve warmed up in the dryer.
8. Write your partner a love letter or poem on one sheet of paper. Glue it to thin cardboard, cut it up into puzzle-shaped pieces, then mail all the pieces. Or, mail one puzzle piece per day!
9. Remove all the paper strips (that say “Kisses” on them) from a couple hundred Hershey’s Kisses. Fill a jewelry box with them. Wrap ’em up and present them to your partner. Write a certificate explaining that the slips are coupons redeemable for one kiss each.
10. Doesn’t your partner deserve a trophy for being the “World’s Best Lover”? Trophy shops have a wealth of ideas waiting for you. Just think of the romantic possibilities of plaques, medals, ribbons, nameplates, certificates and banners. And they all can be personalized, engraved, lettered or monogrammed.